Today, with everything being “smart” and a million distractions waiting for you in your pocket. We need resources to help turn a distraction into a spiritual discipline. Over the past couple years here are a couple that has impacted my life:
Reading the Bible
- The Bible Project Videos
- The Bible Project App – Read the Bible in a year
- YouVersion Bible Reading Plans
- John Piper does a study called Look at the Book where he deciphers and dissects a passage of scripture.
- QPR (Question Persuade Refer) Training -Suicide is increasing and this is an easy way to be aware of this issue. Suicide is the most preventable cause of death. Go through this training and help save lives.
- Anthem of Hope – Jarrid Wilson began spreading hope by creating a website that has a 24/7 chatline for anyone thinking about suicide. If you know someone who is struggling or if you are struggling with the thought of suicide. Talk about it with someone. Let your voice be heard because you are worth it.
- YouVersion Devotionals – Along with having reading plans they have devotionals that help explore certain topics and issues.
- Spotify Playlists – Arms Open (New Christians songs) and Here’s My Heart (Mix of traditional and contemporary).
- Desiring God – My favorite resource for study, research, and questions. John Piper has made an extensive resource of sermons, studies, and books all for free.
- Books by authors like Andy Stanley, Ravi Zacharias, Francis Chan, David Platt, Lee Strobel, John Piper, Jon Weece, Dietrich Bonhoeffer, C.S. Lewis, Tim Keller, Erwin McManus.
- Subscribe to UPWARD GLORY for resources in your inbox every Wednesday.
All of this said, nothing surpasses the power of the Word of God and the local church. These two are by far the most important resources God has given us. We are meant to live saturated by the Word of God with people around us who challenge, lead, and love us.
Grace and peace.